Monday, September 11, 2006

Wake me when it's all over

What a tiring weekend.
I'm writing this from the CalTrain, and struggling to stay awake.

Saturday we had a very nice 4th birthday party for Shealyn, my second child. She asked for a party at the park with her friends and to have a rainbow cake. She had both, although my wife and I were up until midnight frosting a rainbow on her cake. Anyway, a nice time was had by all and the party lasted almost 4 hours.

Sunday we were out and about with the visiting in-laws. They took Shea shopping at Toys R' Us for her birthday presents, and there was 1.5 hours of her exclaiming "Oh! Look at that!" in her sweet little voice. Several barbies and pegasus stuffed animals later and she was completely overwhelmed.

We finished off the evening with a nice dinner (and margaritas) at Left at Albuquerque.

Today is my birthday, and as a birthday present I have a Sox (Sarbanes Oxley for the blissfully unaware) Auditor in this whole week. Our auditor is a really nice guy, but when you are as behind as I am on compliance, it's a bit painful to see it all documented for managements review.

So, I think I'll just go to sleep on the train. Will someone please wake me when the week is over?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll call you on Friday afternoon.