Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bye Bye Bob.

Well, my close friend Bob (link) was laid off yesterday at our company.
He wasn't alone, as his boss and some European staff went as well.

I'm in the IT department, and had the unpleasant responsibility of shutting down his accounts and network access. I know I'm just doing my job, but it's tough.

Bob and I have been working together for 13 years, and it's certainly going to be strange not having him there to discuss movies, music, social issues, systems design, business process, symantics, and generally fixing all the problems of the world.

Also, without Bob's regular correction, I'm afraid my grammer is going to steadily devolve <g>.

Good luck Bob!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the props (and lunch today). I'll really miss the regular discussions. I'll see you AT LEAST once a month for the Una Mas food festival.

Rod said...

Walter - I'm not sure I can be as pedantic as the Bobster with respect to grammAr - but I'll be happy to help out with spelling. ;->